Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's a Two-sided World Afterall

Have you ever felt happy AND sad at the same time? Well, people refer it as "mixed-feeling", but I see it as the consequence of living in a two-sided world.

I'm excited. It's like, soo excited that I've been cutting off the first hours of my sleeping time at night day-dreaming about how college would be like and how it is to live in Bandung. In fact, I found myself getting out of the bed couple times and making lines of to-do lists. Maybe it's because Ive been so fed up with lazy days, and being a person who has more times than what she needs is actually not that easy. I remember when I was at school (OMG, I actually HAVE graduated), 24 hours a day didn't seem enough to be filled with various kinds of studying. You name it: catching up with physics, getting myself used to all kinds of math problems, memorizing all stuff for biology.. But now, having watched 2 titles of movies on DVD to start my day, I'm like, "It's not even noon yet. What else I should do to kill time?".. It's funny, huh? So I guess it's humane to be wanting B while you're having A, and once you get the B, you'll back want the A. Nevermind.

So, thinking about these particular things make my excitement lessen. First, I'll be attending college with my brother. The same city, the same school, the same major. YUCK! Please don't get me wrong. I have good relationship with my brother, I do. But to go to the same school with him is becoming a routine which makes me sick and tired by now. I went to the same kindergarten, same elementary school, same middle school, and yes, same high school, ladies and gentlemen (I can't help but sigh saying this). I can't imagine to have years to come with him for the umpteenth times of my life, God save me. (No offense to you, Adit if you're reading this, he he)

The other thing is, it's not fun to leave Semarang. Not after I'm all used to the city, the custom, the people, the language... to every single thing! I got to this point with much tears and hatred and energy, and now I have to leave it all behind. It is true that to say goodbye is always hard, no matter how often you've done it before. The brightside is, you learn more than many of the others.

So, now I have two choices of perspective to see things from. One, two, three.. I chose the first one. I've learned my lesson. Err, I think.

No comments: