Sunday, February 22, 2009

paradox.

i am so much two different poles trapped in a body.
i am south, i am not south.
i am north, i am not north.

so, my (new) close friend and i had this long conversation about this paradox in each of our lives, blurting out everything we knew about them and hence, we found as many a thing we surprisingly did not know. we thought we knew everything about ourselves since we have been living long enough (again, we thought) to figure the hidden and the covered, but the more we thought and talked, the less we could explain.

we are a little bit of everything, i am aware of that. like, i am a little strong while i am a little needy. i am a little bit of this while at the same time, i am a little bit of that just the opposite. but the whole idea of being a living paradox is still a blur to me.

as i was browsing through the wondrous world of the internet, i found that a hungarian psychology professor, mihaly csikszentmihalyi, detected this paradoxical tendency in one's life as a sign of creativeness (haha!). this is what he actually says:

1. Creative people have a great deal of physical energy, but they’re also often quiet and at rest.
2. Creative people tend to be smart yet naive at the same time.
3. Creative people combine playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
4. Creative people alternate between imagination and fantasy, and a rooted sense of reality.
5. Creative people trend to be both extroverted and introverted.
6. Creative people are humble and proud at the same time.
7. Creative people, to an extent, escape rigid gender role stereotyping.
8. Creative people are both rebellious and conservative.
9. Most creative people are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well.
10. Creative people’s openness and sensitivity often exposes them to suffering and pain, yet also to a great deal of enjoyment.

well, i guess it is not all disastrous to be a living paradox, is it? ;)

and without any intention to be cocky and all, i think some parts of the song "beautiful mess" by mraz can quite resemble my circumstance.

now i'm out!

(credits to http://indomiejunkie.wordpress.com/)

4 comments:

Delya Ananda said...

hahaha actually it depands on our own thought.. cool!

Anonymous said...

you know, the more i talked to you yesterday , the more clueless i became .

as you may know , i think about it a lot when i got home, a lot

and then again i was naive to say that im on the 'friend' side of love ,

it's more like i dont know which side im in , i dont know that it's hormonal or not ( and i told you i dont actually understands what you said about hormonal :p )

but you make it clear , that im not the one, cannot be the one , and your love to me is just like on a 'friend' level .

but i'm happy ,

happy to have you around
happy to know that you cared and loved me
happy to know that you'll be there whenever i need you

i'm happy ,

i mean what more can i get from the one i adore ? :)

you know, i think this song 'something about us' by daft punk quite resemble my circumstances


"Something About Us"

It might not be the right time
I might not be the right one
But there's something about us I want to say
Cause there's something between us anyway

I might not be the right one
It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I've got to do
Some kind of secret I will share with you

I need you more than anything in my life
I want you more than anything in my life
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life
I love you more than anyone in my life

love you,

you know who

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, i listened to ' beutiful mess '

and it was more like my circumstances than you ! :p


hahahaha, and i'll enjoy the wait.

listen to this

owl city - saltwater room

Fetriza Rinaldy said...

dinov. gue link ya.visit my blog also! :)